Recipes are abundant on the Asian Food Channel, don’t you think so? (unless you don’t watch that-lah). Programmes like Chef at Home, French Food at Home and Fresh with Anna Olson always gave me some inspiration to try something new such as this warm potato salad. Salad is always my favourite thing to make for potluck parties because it’s a breeze to prepare and healthy too.
Simple Warm Potato Salad
- 2 medium potatoes, washed thoroughly and pat dry
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of your preferred salad leaves (baby spinach, arugula, rocket leaves, romaine, cherry tomatoes etc), washed and drained
- 3 teaspoons of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- freshly cracked black pepper and salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes with skin on into medium-sized cubes. Try to cut them into similar size so they will be cooked at the same time.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in pan and pan fry the potatoes till golden. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Chop the garlic into fine bits, then mix with the remaining 1 teaspoon of EVOO in a smaller bowl. If you don’t like the strong taste of garlic, reduce the garlic to 1-2 cloves.
- Add the salad leaves, garlic, salt and pepper to the potatoes and toss to mix well.