I’m feeling rather uninspired lately (as what I told WMW as I’m typing this). Maybe I need to recharge myself (thank goodness I will be away for holiday this coming Saturday, can’t wait!)
Since I’m uninspired, here’s a short post on the latest stuff I experimented in my kitchen.
I rarely cook spinach cos the nearest supermarket doesn’t sell them, so I have to buy them at the local wet market instead. Mom usually just stir-fry it with garlic and I find it rather plain. So, I experimented it by adding more ingredients to it and that’s the result. It didn’t turn out to be as what I expected; it was rather watery and the eggs were way too mushy. Shall try to improvise it again another time.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 300 – 400 grams of spinach, roots removed, rinsed in running water and chopped to preferred length
- 1 medium-sized egg, lightly beaten
- a handful of anchovies, heads and innards removed and cleaned
- 1/2 cup of water
- salt to taste
- Shallow fry the anchovies with medium heat, stirring constantly till it turns crunchy and golden brown. Dish up, drain on paper towel to remove excess oil and set aside.
- Sauté the garlic till fragrant, then add in the spinach. Toss to mix well, season with salt. Add water and cover the wok/pan to let it simmer a while to soften the veggies.
- Once most of the water evaporates and veggies tender, lower heat. Pour in the egg and mix them gently. Dish up and garnish with the crispy anchovies. Serve immediately.
Have a good weekend, everyone! I know I will. 😉