What should I call this dish ah? Or does it have a name?
Mom used to prepare this dish with crispy lard, anchovies, some lean pork, green chillies and fermented bean paste (taucu) but I omitted the bean paste since I didn’t stock it in my fridge.
- 300 grams white anchovies, head/innards removed, cleaned and dried
- 150 grams lean pork, sliced thinly and marinated with oyster sauce
- 3 green chillies, sliced and seeds removed
- 1 medium onion, coarsely sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sugar and salt to taste
- Heat oil in wok, shallow fry the anchovies till golden and crisp. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat oil again, add garlic and pork. Flip and stir fry pork in medium heat till thoroughly cooked.
- Add in the green chillies, red chillies, anchovies and salt. Mix well. Add in sugar and stir to mix till the sugar slightly caramelized.
- Add in onion lastly and dish up. Serve hot with rice.
So, shall I called it Ikan Bilis Cili?